Sunday 12 November 2017

Skateboard apology



John Zelnio from Illinois, USA found an anonymous letter in his post containing $40 and a note from a skateboarder:
My friend pushed me in to your truck and I scratched your truck with my skateboard.... I am sending you my grass cutting money for the insurance... I will send you more next week when I finish some more yards next week."

John said he couldn't find any damage to his truck, but the letter, warmed his heart". He is trying to find out who the note was from so he can tell the skateboarder not to worry. John says, "It's great to know there are some great hearts out there doing the right thing."

John was asked what he would say if he met the young person:

"I'm very proud of you. I'm proud of your parents for raising such a good kid, and you should keep up the good work..... and here's your money back!"

What do you see in the picture?
What has happened?

explain the story

- Why has someone sent John $40?
- Where did they get the money?
- The skateboarder could have run off and denied the damage. Why didn't they?
- Why is John saying the note warms his heart?
- Why is John saying the skateboarder can keep the money?
- John and the skateboarder know nothing about each other- age, gender, race, religion. What does this story teach us about living in a community?
- What can we learn from the skateboarder?
- Why is this story about No Outsiders? 






No comments:

Post a Comment