Sunday 28 February 2021

skyscraper

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-55696246

La Chi Wai is a rock climbing champion in Asia and one of the best in the world. Ten years ago he had an accident and was paralysed. La Chi didn’t want to give up climbing and he found a way to continue while using his chair. Last week he climbed a skyscraper in Hong Kong in his chair.

There is a clip in the link above. La Chi says he was scared because there was nothing to hold on to, only the ropes. He climbed the 250m tower in 10 hours to raise money for spinal chord patients.

He says even in a wheelchair he knew he could be a climber again. “In a way I forgot that I was a disabled person, I could still dream and I could still do what I liked doing.”

-          What do you see in the picture, what is happening?

-          How is La Chi Wai climbing the skyscraper?

-          How was this different to the way he used to climb?

-          He says he was scared, so why did he not stop?

-          What do you think people said to La Ci Wai when he told them his idea?

-          How might he have persuaded people he could do this?

-          “In a way I forgot that I was a disabled person, I could still dream and I could still do what I liked doing.” What do you think is La Chi’s message about disability?

-          What can we learn from La Chi Wai?

-          Why is this about No Outsiders?

       

        No Outsiders: Everyone different, everyone welcome by Andrew Moffat 


        www.no-outsiders.com

No comments:

Post a Comment