Sunday 11 October 2015

British Values - celebrating diversity



Nadiya Hussain won The Great British Bake Off last week in the most watched programme of the year in the UK (13.4 million viewers). Nadyia said at the beginning of the show she felt nervous; "Perhaps people would look at me, a Muslim in a headscarf, and wonder if I could bake"

However when she won, Nadiya said:
"I'm never going to put boundaries on myself ever again.
I'm never going to say I can't do it.
I'm never going to say maybe.
I'm never going to say I don't think I can.
I can and I will"
Photograph: Love Productions/Press Association
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/08/nadiya-hussain-has-won-so-much-more-than-the-great-british-bake-off

- Who is this?
- What is The Great British Bake Off about?
- Why do you think Nadia felt  unconfident at the start?
- How did she feel at the end?
- What can we all learn form Nadiya?

Use this story to promote and celebrate the diversity that exists in the UK.


No comments:

Post a Comment